DCG was formed in 1979 to campaign for safe and convenient cycle routes in Derby. Facilities for cyclists are needed everywhere and we are working to get pro-cycling policies applied in practice. If you can help with the work please join the Derby Cycling Group. If you have a cycling issue we can provide advice.
We are very grateful for donations towards the cost of campaigning. If you wish to donate money using Paypal then please select the button below and enter the amount you’d like to donate.
To become a member or to renew your existing membership, either download and complete the membership form or, if you have a Paypal account, complete the Paypal details below. Select the type of membership you want (e.g. Family – 3 years), add the names of any family members (if you selected a family membership) and then click on the “Buy Now” button.
Membership costs £4 for three years (which saves on admin), or £2 for a year if you are not sure. Family membership is £3 per year, or £6 for three years. Family membership covers all members of the family living at the membership address.
- email updates
- 15% discount on all repairs and servicing at Big on Bikes in Little Eaton
- 5-15% off accessories at the Bike Shop in Monk Street, Derby
- 5% off everything at Holt Cycles, Nightingale Road.
We’re looking for members who can support the campaign with their knowledge and skills.
- keep your eyes open and tell us when development poses threats or opportunities for cycling
- let us know about maintenance problems you encounter on your daily travels
- use computer skills
- represent us in other local campaigns
- write better than what we can.
- talk to people about the health and environmental benefits of cycling
If you’ve got as little as an hour a month to spare to help with anything to advance the cause of cycling in Derby, we’d like to hear from you.