DCG was formed in 1979 to campaign for safe and convenient cycle routes in Derby. Facilities for cyclists are needed everywhere, and we are working to get pro-cycling policies applied in practice. If you can help with the work, please join the Derby Cycling Group. If you have a cycling issue we can provide advice and put you in touch with members nearby.
To become a member, please download and complete the membership form.
- email updates (by post if required)
- 10% discount (excluding repairs and sale items) at Samways in Ashbourne Road, Derby
- 5-15% off accessories at the Bike Shop in Monk Street, Derby
- 5% off everything at Holt Cycles, Nightingale Road.
Membership costs £4 for three years (which saves on admin), or £2 for a year if you are not sure. Family membership is £3 per year, or £6 for three years.
We’re looking for members who can support the campaign with their knowledge and skills.
- keep your eyes open and tell us when development poses threats or opportunities for cycling
- let us know about maintenance problems you encounter on your daily travels
- use computer skills
- represent us in other local campaigns
- write better than what we can.
- once or twice a year, check cycles for people less able than yourself
- talk to people about the health and environmental benefits of cycling on a stall
If you’ve got an hour a month to spare to help with anything to advance the cause of cycling in Derby, we’d like to hear from you.