Minutes of meeting Derby Cycling Group Tuesday May 1st 2012 Brunswick
Tony Roelich, Dave Clasby (minutes), Martin Aldred, Lucy Care, Ian Dent, Martin Quarton, John Palmer, Ian Alexander (Chair),
Les Sims, Dave Waldram
Minutes of meeting
Minutes of last meeting grudgingly approved with amendments for the usual wrong date, wrong people present etc, etc.
May 8th 7:30pm Friends Meeting House, main speaker Jeremy Taylor from Peak Cycles. 40 minutes to be broken up by Peak Cycles.
Chair: Ian Alexander *
Secretary: Dave Clasby*
Treasurer: Ian Dent*
Membership: Cathy Roelich*
Campaigns: Tony Roelich*
Newsletter Editor: Vijay*
Web Master: Ian Dent
Press Officer: Dave Clasby
Railways coordinator: Martin Aldred*
CTC: Ian Alexander
Sustrans: Les Sims*
Derbyshire Liaison: Dave Waldram*
Events Coordinator: Martin Quarton
With out portfolio: Lucy Care, Ian Care, Jenny Schofield
The names plus one to be confirmed at meeting above are voting members if it comes to a vote on committee. There will be 10 voting members.
Amendment: That committee members must be DCG members.
Agreed that membership fee to stay the same for the next year.
Projector, extension lead, lap top, refreshments AGM DC
ID to email all members with outline agenda.
7pm arrive for a 7:30pm start.
Cycle Forum April 17th report back.
Manor Road/ UNR junction changes. Tony Gascoigne agreed to organise meeting with DCG, Derby Royal, DCC to talk thru the issues.
Cycle Derby report given with impressive figures for children engaged.
Hilary Nemes reported back on Riverside developments. Agreed that the signage was poor HN will improve.
DCG agreed that we want the bridge reopened even if it had to be closed again for Riverside development.
All the party leaders/ spokespeople replied to Tony’s request for info about their policies on cycling, responses on website. DT interested in the replies.
Merrill Way, central reservation worries over it being a pinch point. TR has made representation to Keren Jones and the others on the email informing us about the proposals.
Railway station ideas DC and LC meeting Head of Environment, Martin has had permission to do a survey, JS interested in finding out people’s ideas and Ruth keen to get people involved who travel to station on their bikes.
LC to liaise with JS about possible survey at hospital.
Friends of Littleover parks June 4th Jubilee.
Torch event Fri June 29th DC to contact DCC about volunteers and running a stall.
Pub rides on a Friday.
Bike week events?? Hand out membership forms.
June 2nd and 3rd 2012 at Silk Mill.
13th and 15th July Nottm Great Notts Bike Ride.
Derby Uni volunteering fair in Nov, do we want video of cycle routes? Audit of cycle storage in city centre.
VJ has got a list of articles that he is expecting for the next newsletter in June.
Date of next meeting:
June 12th 2012. 7:30pm The Brunswick.
Chair: Ian Alexander